1. A deep bucket for carrying coal.2. A small hatch or port in the deck, side, or bottom of a vessel.3. A small hatchlike opening in a roof or ceiling.
1. To sink (a vessel) deliberately by opening seacocks or making openings in the bottom.2. To abandon, withdraw from, or cause to be abandoned or destroyed.
Scuttle may be related to the similar verb scud, "to run or move quickly." Both words probably derive from the Middle English scottlen, "to move away."
Concert Resume n.
- A complete and comprehensive list of concerts that one has attended. Often casual conversation between fellow concert goers.
Today, I added Rock on the Range to my concert resume, which was already more than impressive.
- Memorial Day, holiday in the United States observed in late May. Previously designated Decoration Day, it was inaugurated in 1868 by Gen. John A. Logan for the purpose of decorating the graves of Civil War veterans and has since become a day on which all war dead are commemorated.
- Joan of Arc: French heroine was burned at the stake for heresy (1431)
- Indy 500: the first was held; it was won by Ray Harroun driving a car fitted with a revolutionary rear-view mirror (1911)
- Joseph Stein 1912
- Nicky "Topper" Headon 1955 - Musician (The Clash)
- Tom Morello 1964 - Musician (Rage Against The Machine)
- Patrick Dahlheimer 1971 - Musician (Live)
- Manny Ramirez 1972
- Trey Parker 1972
- Cee-Lo Green 1974 - (Goodie Mob)
- Blake Bashoff 1981