Hobson's choice (HOB-sonz chois)
- noun: An apparently free choice that offers no real alternative.
Etymology: After Thomas Hobson (1544?-1630), English keeper of a livery stable, from his requirement that customers take either the horse nearest the stable door or none.
- v. To hide any objects that you would rather your girlfriend not see. These objects usually include porn, childish things (dolls, small toys, etc), and Pokemon memorabilia. You can girlfriend-proof your car, room, house, and really just about anything. Similar to parent-proof
Mitch: Hey man want to play me in a Yu-Gi-Oh match?
Mike: Sorry dude I just got done girlfriend-proofing my room. All my cards are in a shoe-box under my bed.
Mitch: Oh alright. Hey, did you remember to take down your Justin Timberlake poster?
Mike: Oh shoot. Thanks for reminding me. I'll get home and take care of that right away.
Who was the first villain Superman faced when he made his movie debut in 1948?
- Spider Lady. She appeared in the 15-episode Superman serial adventure.
- Johns Hopkins 1795 - entrepreneur, philanthropist, most noted for the creation of Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Sarah Peale 1800 - Portrait painter
- Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Sinh Cung) 1890 - North Vietnamese Communist revolutionary, prime minister and president
- George Auld 1919 - Musician
- Joe Michael "Dusty" Hill 1949 - Musician (ZZ Top)
- Steven Ford (Steven Meigs Ford) 1956 - Actor, son of U.S. President Gerald Ford
- Martyn Ware 1956 - Musician (The Human League)
- Iain Harvie (Del Amitri) 1962
- Jenny Berggren 1972 - Musician (Ace of Base)
- Kevin Garnett 1976 - Basketball player