philogyny \fi-LOJ-uh-nee\, noun:
- Love of or liking for women (opposite of misogyny.)
Philogyny combines two Greek roots: philo, "love," and gyn, "woman."
Cockblocked by Steve Jobs
- The act or reactive measure when the opposite sex makes eye-contact with you and then proceeds to plug in their iPod as a defense mechanism to prevent you from making a move on them.
Josh: I saw this girl on the bus and was going to hit on her, then she busted out her iPod.
Sam: Aw man, you got cockblocked by Steve Jobs
- The superlative of donovanesque.
As donovanesque as Bateman's ex-girlfriend is, she cannot hold a candle to the baxolicious Stacey.
- "Don't ask; don't tell": policy on gays in the US military was announced by president Bill Clinton (1993)
- Samuel Colt 1814
- Edgar Degas 1834
- Lizzie Borden 1860
- Charles Horace Mayo 1865
- Percy Lebaron Spencer 1894
- A.J. Cronin 1896
- Charles Teagarden 1913
- Rosalyn Yalow 1921
- George McGovern 1922
- Pat Hingle 1924
- Sue Thompson 1926
- Helen Gallagher 1926
- Buster Benton 1932
- Philip Agee 1935
- George Hamilton IV 1937
- Richard Jordan 1938
- Vikki Carr 1941
- Natalya Bessmertnova 1941
- Dennis Cole 1943
- George Dzundza 1945
- Alan Gorrie (Average White Band) 1946
- Brian Harold May (Queen) 1947
- Bernie Leadon (The Eagles) 1947
- Beverly Archer 1948
- Campbell Scott 1962
- Anthony Edwards 1962
- Kelly Shiver (Thrasher Shiver) 1963
- Clea Lewis 1965
- Jared Padalecki 1982 - Actor ("Supernatural")