squelch \SKWELCH\, verb:
1. To put down, suppress, or silence, as with a crushing retort or argument.noun:
2. To strike or press with crushing force; crush down.
3. To make a splashing sound.
4. To tread heavily in water, mud, wet shoes, etc., with such a sound.
1. Electronics. A circuit in a receiver, as a radio receiver, that automatically reduces or eliminates noise when the receiver is tuned to a frequency at which virtually no carrier wave occurs.Squelch has uncertain origins, though it bears a relationship to the obsolete quelch and quash.
- Pretty much the opposite of intercourse, except with clothes on. It consists of male/female couple rubbing up against each other for sexual pleasure.
Damn I literally just had an orgasm for the outercourse.I know! It was great.
- Principia Mathematica: Isaac Newton published the three-volume work containing his laws of motion and law of universal gravitation (1687)
- Venezuela, Algeria, Cape Verde: declared independence (1811, 1962, 1975)
- Salvation Army: Christian charitable organization was founded by William Booth to feed the poor of London (1865); it received its name 13 years later
- bikini: the itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny swimsuit made its debut at a Paris fashion show (1946)
- Étienne de Silhouette 1709 - French Controller-General of Finances under Louis XV
- Sarah Siddons 1755 - Actress
- Sir Stamford Raffles 1781 = British statesman, know for founding of the city of Singapore
- David G. Farragut 1801 - Officer in U.S. Navy during the U.S. Civil War, known for the paraphrased quote: "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"
- P.T. Barnum (Phineas Taylor Barnum) 1810 - American showman, businessman, entertainer
- Jean Cocteau (Jean Maurice Eugène Clément Cocteau) 1889 - Poet, novelist, dramatist, boxing manager, playwright
- Henry Cabot Lodge 1902 - American statesman, historian
- Milburn Stone 1904 - Actor
- Richard "The Goose" Gossage 1951 - Baseball player
- Charles Ventre 1952 - Musician (River Road)
- James Lofton 1956 - Football player
- Bill Watterson 1958 - cartoonist (Calvin & Hobbes)
- Edie Falco 1963 - Actress ("The Sapranos")
- Kathryn Erbe 1965 - Actress ("Law & Order: Criminal Intent")
- RZA (Robert Fitzgerald Diggs) 1969 - Music producer, author, rapper
- Joe (the R&B singer) 1973
- Bengt Lagerberg 1973 - Musician (The Cardigans)
- Dale Godboldo 1975 - Actor
- Bizarre 1978 - Musician (D12)
- Amelie Mauresmo 1979 - Tennis player
- Jason Wade 1980 - Musician (Lifehouse)
- Dave Haywood 1982 - Musician (Lady Antebellum)