absquatulate \ab-skwoch-uh-leyt\, verb:
- To flee; abscond.
Absquatulate is an example of a pseudo-Latinism, which combines Latin roots to form a new word. This was a 19th century linguistic trend in various parts of the United States.
Youtube Attention Span
- Your normal attention span only significantly decreased due to Youtube. Whereas normally 10 minutes is a short amount of time, Youtube turns it into a cinematic experience.
Jill: Watch this video!
Jack: wtf? 10 minutes? That's way over my Youtube Attention Span.
- Ferdinand Magellan: set sail from Seville to circumnavigate the globe; of the five ships that set out under his command, only one — the Victoria — returned to Spain (1519)
- Smithsonian Institution: was created with $500,000 left by English scientist James Smithson (1846)
- Son of Sam: New York serial killer David Berkowitz was arrested (1977)
- Yuri Malenchenko: Ukrainian cosmonaut became the first person to be married in space, to a woman on the ground in Texas (2003)
- Herbert Clark Hoover (U.S.) 1874
- Leo Fender 1909
- Jeff Corey 1914
- Al Alberts (Four Aces) 1922
- Rhonda Fleming 1923
- Claus Von Bulow 1926
- Jimmy Martin 1927
- Jimmy Dean 1928
- Eddie Fisher 1928
- Rocky Colavito 1933
- Bobby Hatfield (The Righteous Brothers) 1940
- Ronnie Spector 1947
- Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) 1947
- Patti Austin 1948
- Gene Johnson (Diamond Rio) 1949
- Daniel Hugh Kelly 1952
- Rosanna Arquette 1959
- Antonio Banderas 1960
- John Farriss (INXS) 1961
- Julia Fordham 1962
- Aaron Hall 1964
- Lorraine Pearson (Five Star) 1967
- Todd Nichols (Toad The Wet Sprocket) 1967
- Michael Bivins 1968
- Angie Harmon 1972