lucifugous \loo-see-FOO-guhs\, adjective:
- Avoiding light.
Lucifugous combines two Latin roots, luci-, "light," and fugere, "to flee."
- acronym for "Thank God Its Almost Friday", word is only usually used on thursday.
hey Craig guess what?
- The Magic Flute: Mozart's opera opened in Vienna (1791)
- ether: was used as an anesthetic for the first time by Boston dentist William Morton (1846)
- Little Women: Louisa May Alcott's classic novel of four sisters growing up during the US Civil War was published (1868)
- Munich Agreement: France, Italy, Germany and Britain signed a pact allowing Germany's annexation of the Sudetenland; it became synonymous with appeasement (1938)
- Nuremberg Trials: 22 Nazi leaders were found guilty of war crimes (1946)
- James Dean: Rebel Without a Cause star died in a car crash at age 24 (1955)
- Republic of Botswana: African nation declared its independence from Britain (1966)
- William Wrigley, Jr. 1861 - Chewing gum tycoon
- John Lombardo (10,000 Maniacs) 1952
- Deborah Allen 1953 - Singer
- Victoria Tennant 1953 - Actress
- Calvin Levels 1954
- Patrice Rushen 1954
- Barry Williams (Blenkhorn) 1954 - Actor (The Brady Bunch)
- Basia 1956
- Vondie Curtis-Hall 1956
- Robby Takac 1964 - (Goo Goo Dolls)
- Lisa Thornhill 1966
- Monica Bellucci 1968
- Jenna Elfman 1971
- Martina Hingis 1980
- Dominique Moceanu 1981