kenspeckle \KEN-spek-uhl\, adjective:
- Conspicuous; easily seen or recognized.
Kenspeckle comes from Scottish and Northern English dialects, ultimately relating back to Norwegian.
- a person who shops at many different thrift stores, thereby often finding wonderful deals.
- One who feels the urge to brag about every single piece of crp they find at a thrift store.
Becky is such a thrift whore- she found a flying horse for a dollar!
- London Blitz: heavy bombing of the UK by the Nazi Luftwaffe began during WWII (1940)
- ESPN: the popular all-sports network made its debut on cable TV (1979)Astroland: After decades of amazing visitors, the Brooklyn amusement park closed for the last time ever. (2008)
- Elizabeth I (England) 1533
- Grandma Moses (Anna Mary Robertson Moses) 1860
- J.J. Morgan 1867
- Taylor Caldwell 1900
- Michael DeBakey 1908
- Elia Kazan 1909
- David Packard 1912
- Sir Anthony Quayle 1913
- Al Caiola 1920
- Arthur Ferrante 1921
- Louise Suggs 1923
- Peter Lawford 1923
- Al McGuire 1928
- Sonny Rollins 1930
- Little Milton 1934
- Buddy Holly 1936
- John Phillip Law 1937
- Richard Roundtree 1942
- (Chic) Alfa Anderson 1946
- Alfa Anderson (Brown Sugar) 1946
- Gloria Gaynor 1949
- Susan Blakely 1950
- Julie Kavner 1951
- Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders) 1951
- Corbin Bernsen 1954
- Michael Emerson 1954 - Actor ("Lost", "Saw")
- Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers) 1954
- Michael Feinstein 1956
- Margot Chapman 1957
- Chad Sexton (311) 1970
- Shannon Elizabeth 1973