AMAZON FIRE TV STICK
A couple months ago Amazon held its annual PRIME DAY. Most people considered it a clearance sale for junk, but for others it was on opportunity to nab some deals. Last year I was considering acquiring the Amazon Fire TV Stick but missed out on the deal. This year, I didn't.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a device that uses your home wifi to connect your televsion to the internet, allowing you to watch Amazon Prime programming, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube and dozens of other channels, provided you have a membership. Since we don't have cable or FIOS television in our house, this was a quick and inexpensive way to connect to more content.
The specs from Amazon.com:
- Fire TV Stick connects to your TV’s HDMI port. It’s an easy way to enjoy over 4,000 channels, apps, and games including access to over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
- 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory
- No more buffering, ASAP learns what Amazon Video movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music. Add-on a subscription to Showtime, STARZ, and more to watch TV episodes, movies, and sports, without cable.
It's a pretty slick gadget for people looking to cut the cord. It sets up quickly and easily, it doesn't take up any space, and has a lot to offer right out of the box. As an Amazon Prime member I have access to tons of television shows and movies without spending an extra cent. They do have plenty of additional content, such as video rentals for assorted prices. You can add subscriptions for services like HULU and HBO if you so wish.
In summation I would call this device a good investment for those who don't have cable, use air-antenna for television, and want to use their home wifi for more option on television.