Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Review Tuesday: TWITCH.TV / DEAMONMACHINE

About two years ago my friend Anna posted that she would be streaming some art on something I never heard of before called TWITCH. 
I joined TWITCh to follow along and found this streaming service to be compelling. However, Anna didn't stream too often so I forgot about it for a while until I saw links for a body painter by the name Kay Pike:
Her stream was fun, positive and ran on a somewhat steady schedule for a while.  

About a year ago I gave up on listening to the HOWARD STERN SHOW because he no longer ran a steady schedule. Most people work Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 5:00. He was only broadcasting from 7-10 Mon - Wed. What the hell is that from the highest paid radio personality?

Image result for deamonmachine
Along came a
DEAMONMACHINE 

For months I tried to find something to fit my regular schedule and found,  mostly by accident on TWITCH, DEAMONMACHINE:

This is the perfect program. Usually streaming from his job as a mechanic in South Carolina, DeamonMachine (John) specializes in Volkswagons but works on anything that ends up in his bays. But this show isn't just about working on cars. It's about LIFE. John is a regular guy, a husband and father of three sons. For me, I'm largely a lurker, so to keep people like me tuned in John spends the day discussing the current project, the weather, his kids, the news, politics, and pretty much anything and everything that you can imagine. Couple that with his smooth radio-announcer voice and he will be your entertainer and guide through another work-day. 

As a guy who enjoys working on his own cars, I also like this stream because of how inspirational John can be. He discusses his thought process when taking on a task. He answers your car questions. You are right there with him as the unexpected happens. He takes the challenges in stride and carries-on until the job is done. 

Previously I had this notion that mechanics never had difficulties with these jobs, which makes some tasks intimidating for me. Why am I killing myself with this? A real mechanic would be laughing at me right now! The DeamonMachine stream has taught me that everyone experiences the unexpected, it's just your attitude and ability to deal with changing situations allows you to get it done. I find that now I look at various projects with a new perspective, and I owe that greatly to DeamonMachine. 

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

When you go on the DeamonMachine stream you also have the collected knowledge of his chat. You have people from around the world offering suggestions and offering to help with and and all questions as well...
...and tell jokes...
...and bust chops!

If you have access to a computer from 8:30 - 5:30 EST Monday to Friday you should look up his stream.  Actually, he's just getting started on a 365 day challenge, so you can catch him everyday, which I highly recommend!

Connect with DeamonMachine:

0 comments: